Durleigh Parish Council is a statutory consultee on all Planning Applications submitted to the local planning authorities. Sedgemoor District Council has responsibility for local planning while Somerset County Council have authority over highway issues, school and hospital developments.
The Parish Council is invited comment on all applications for development within the parish. However the outcome is decided by the responsible planning authority.
Applications received are added to the agenda for each bi-monthly Parish Council meeting. The applicant and members of the public will then have an opportunity to attend and comment but not to lobby members. (Extra-ordinary meetings may be arranged, or an extension requested if the deadline for return of comments cannot be met.)
Digital copies of Planning Applications, information on the process and the means to comment with other guidance can be accessed on www.sedgemoor.gov.uk/planning. Members of the public can make comments on applications through the Parish Council or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Plans and documents associated with planning applications may also be viewed at Sedgemoor District Council offices in King Square, Bridgwater.
Current and recent applications
Current and recent planning applications submitted for development works within the parish will be listed below, along with a brief description. By clicking on the location it will link you to further information on the Sedgemoor Planning Portal.
- Roughmoor Farm, Hayne Lane, Durleigh, Conversion of existing agricultural farmstead buildings to 3no. holiday units
- Queenswood Farm, Broadlands Lane, Erection of a summerhouse for use as an office for business purposes (retrospective application). Approved
- Rexworthy Farm, Spaxton Road, External alterations to facilitate the change of use of a single existing agricultural building to Class B8 storage use (change of use approved under 23/20/00010). Approved
- Danesborough, 12 Spaxton Road, Erection of a detached ancillary building, on site of existing (to be demolished).
- Rexworthy Farm, Spaxton Road, determine if prior approval is required for the proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building (sui generis) to Additional Storage Space (Class B8). Prior permission not required
- West Bower Manor, West Bower Lane, restore existing pond and create incline on banks. Approved
- Mulberry House, Rhode Lane, change of use of land and erection of shed. Approved
- 1 Pyrland Road, erect single storey extension, garage & porch. New Vehicular access. Approved
- 23 Luxborough Road, trimming to trees protected by TPO. Approved
- 23 Luxborough Road, erection of porch and single storey extension. Approved
- 43 Luxborough Road, single storey extension. Approved
- 136 Holford Road, erection of single storey extension. Approved
- Land to south A39 – Persimmon, major development
- The Pheasants Rhode Lane, sewerage works. Approved
- The Pheasants Rhode Lane, chimney & porch. Approved
- 2 Spaxton Road, alterations to bungalow/reinstate garage. Approved
- 14 Cothelstone Close, erection of single storey extension. Approved
- Floodgates Farm Rhode Lane, change of agricultural building. Approved
- Queenswood Reservoir, amendments to plan. Approved
- 12 Spaxton Road, new vehicular access and driveway. Approved
- Queenswood Reservoir, change 2 x semi into one dwelling. Approved